Ossama Bin Moore!!
Ossama (Osama) Bin Moore
This is the first time ever I write an English post in this Arabic blog*. I thought, however, that it is important to summarize -in English- my latest post about Bin Laden's latest tape.
I am so surprised that some respectable media figures are trying to analyze whether this tape will enhance or threaten Bush's lead in the polls. To me, it's obviously a pro-Bush event.
While some conspiracy-theory sites think the tape may be fake- and they may be right, I can't confirm that and I can't agree or disagree. What amazes me is the timing.
I wonder who does Bin Laden work for? Why would he offer his 'opponent' G.W.Bush such a good political opportunity?
It is amazing also that the guy who speaks in that tape, and who is supposed to be Ossama, seems to be using Michael Moore's movie "Fahrenheit 911" as a reference**. Has he watched the movie? Does he support it? What a psychological effect can this cause to the simple average American voter's mind?
Would some people think that Ossama is pro-Kerry? that he wants to get rid of Bush? Whom will this help? To whom goes the benefit?
Since I am not a voter and I have no rights to vote, why should I care??
What I care about is the media. I want to understand why Aljazeera -for example-, who claims to be against the Iraq war and wants to end it as soon as possible, publishes this tape at this critical time of history?
I wonder who is behind this tape? I wonder how do Aljazeera reporters think; do they really only look for making more money through these movies.. or... something else?
Does anybody have reasonable grown-up suggestions?
Footnotes:
* This blog is normally written in Arabic.
Visit my other blogs in English:
News and Views
One-liners (for those in a hurry)
Strictly headlines
** Although the tape doesn't really cite Michael Moore's movie, here is an excerpt from the English translation by Aljazeera that almost quotes Moore:
"It never occurred to us that the Commander in Chief of the armed forces would abandon 50,000 of his citizens in the twin towers to face those great horrors alone at a time when they most needed him.
But because it seemed to him that occupying himself by talking to the little girl about the goat and its butting was more important than occupying himself with the planes and their butting of the skyscrapers we were given three times the period required to execute the operations. All praise is due to Allah."
IF YOU LIKE THIS BLOG, PLEASE VOTE FOR IT AS THE BEST JOURNALISTIC BLOG IN ARABIC.
Other links:
- Juan Cole's informed comment
- Daniel Brett Weblog






<< Home